The first step of alcohol or drug addiction treatment is finding the right treatment facility. After settling on one of your choices, you need to prepare for rehab. Most people do not know what to expect when joining rehab. They tend to worry about leaving their family obligations, careers, and other obligations behind. There is nothing abnormal in worrying about your first time in rehab. You can take away the worries by preparing for rehab.
Steps to Preparing for Rehab
When preparing for rehab, it is important to prepare physically and mentally. Taking steps to get ready ensures you remain focused on staying sober during recovery.
These steps include:
- Take care of legal or financial loose ends: Ensure you leave some money to cater for your bills. You can also sign up for automatic payments before joining rehab. This saves you from financial stresses after the program. If you have any legal issues, ensure the court is aware before joining a rehab.
- Cater to family and work obligations: Your employer should be aware that you are joining a rehab facility. Ensure your job is safe during the time you spend in rehab. Ask your close friends and family to take care of your pets or children while you are away. You will be at ease knowing that your loved ones are in good hands.
- Spend quality time with those you love: Enjoy quality time with your friends and family before joining rehab. Your loved ones will encourage you to get through your time at the rehab facility. They will help you maintain sobriety after you leave the rehab facility.
- Have the essentials: Check out the necessities allowed at the rehab premises. Carry only what you need. Get rid of distractions that may affect your journey to a successful recovery.
- Keep a journal or write a letter: This helps you stay occupied while in the facility. Note down your progress and how you feel each day for reflection purposes.
- Relax: Engage in activities that help you ease your mind. These include watching a movie or going to the spa. Most people get nervous about joining rehab. Taking time to relax helps you stay calm during your departure.
Rehab Treatment Plans
Landmark Recovery provides rehab programs for drug and alcohol addiction. Our programs combine medical and psychological treatment in order to heal both your body and mind from addiction.
Some of the treatment programs provided at the facility are:
- SMART recovery program: This is a 4-point treatment program. It focuses on unhealthy beliefs and thought patterns. The program helps in self-empowerment.
- Individual and group therapy: In both therapies, a staff member engages in dialogue with the group or a patient. The goal of addiction treatment therapy is to tackle the ultimate mental roots of addiction.
- Mindfulness therapy program: The facility provides fun and mindful activities. The patients choose from different recreational activities as a way to build upon other addiction treatment therapies.
- Partial hospitalization program: It works as an outpatient program. This depends on the preferences of different patients.
- Residential treatment program: The individuals receive therapy sessions while staying in the facility. They receive education on the benefits of sobriety.
- Medical detox: This manages moderate and extreme withdrawal symptoms. The health professionals prescribe medication for gradual detoxification. They also monitor patients who aren’t using medication in order to keep them safe during withdrawal.
Find the Ideal Rehab Programs
Don’t wait for drug addiction to take over your life. Contact Landmark Recovery online or call us today at 405.494.4239 to learn more about our rehab facility and the services we offer. Begin preparing for rehab today for a pleasant experience at our facility.