Individualized care entails getting the opinion of a patient about treatment. The health expert asks a patient about the type of treatment that works best for them. Different individuals need different types of treatment. This type of care guides patients through the journey of rehabilitation and recovery. Health professionals spend personal time with different patients. They then come up with treatment plans that suit the progress of the patient. Patients benefiting from individualized care are likely to have a smooth path to recovery.
Benefits of Individualized Care
Individualized approaches to addiction treatment enhance effective recovery in various ways. Some of its benefits include:
- Managing the health concerns related to addiction: These concerns include spiritual, emotion, mental, and physical
- Creating various therapy options that are useful in different ways
- Assessing the psychological issues that lead to addiction: The treatment method then works to end them
- Treats and tests the physical issues that occur alongside addiction
- Creating a strong social recovery network: This bridges the gap between socialization and alienation. These are often as a result of drug addiction
Recovery is a long-term process. Every patient should have the necessary tools to go through the challenges of recovery and prevent relapse. A custom-tailored care plan considers all the unique needs of a patient. The treatment plan gives you the best chances of success.
How Personal Treatment Plans Work
Most individualized treatment plans address mental health, co-occurring disorders, and aftercare needs. The pattern changes depending on the needs of a patient. Medical detox and medication treatment is usually the first step in an individualized care program. This involves taking medication for withdrawal treatments and co-occurring disorders. But some patients work best in a program that has no pharmaceutical support. Some of the assessed physical issues include breathing problems and malnutrition. Cognitive-behavioral therapy works best to change the behavior and thought patterns of patients. Some patients recover best using other techniques of treatment. All types of therapy aim to push an individual a step closer to sobriety.
Benefiting from Individualized Care at Landmark Recovery
Landmark Recovery recognizes that individuals are different. The facility develops and designs treatment plans that match the needs of different patients while finding ways that all patients are benefiting from individualized care.
Some of the programs provided by Landmark Recovery include:
- SMART Recovery: SMART stands for self-management and recovery training. This is a four-point treatment program. It helps patients learn how to manage addictions. It entails focusing on unhealthy beliefs and thought patterns and learning self-empowerment.
- Mindfulness and recreation: You need a healthy body and mind to get through treatment. The facility offers recreational and mindfulness practices and activities. The patients have the freedom to choose from different mindfulness techniques.
- Individual and group therapy: Individual therapy involves patients sharing their psychological issues with a counselor. It is important for patients who value confidentiality. Group therapy involves different patients sharing their issues before a counselor. This type of therapy works in encouraging the patients for a successful recovery.
- Intensive outpatient program: Most medical staff recommend this program for sober individuals. Patients attend various sessions while still working or staying at home.
- Residential treatment: Here, patients stay in the facility for some time as residents. The program aims at stabilizing and improving the quality of life of the patients. The individuals receive therapy sessions and educations on how to remain sober.
- Partial hospitalization program: Patients receive one individual therapy session every week. A PHP functions as an outpatient or boarding program. The choice depends on the needs of the patient.
Seek Professional Help for Your Addiction Problem
Don’t miss out on benefiting from individualized care provided at our facility. Begin the treatment today to lead a better life. Reach out to us at 405.494.4239 for a custom-tailored treatment program that fits your needs.